RefNoAP/10/13
Alternative Reference numberAP/305
TitleCrimicar Lane Smallpox Hospital, Sheffield
DescriptionPlans, elevations and site plan, 1899 - 1900; additional bedroom accommodation, 1915; site plan, 1929.
All by the City Surveyor's Office.
Scale: 1/8th inch to one foot.

The hospital was built in 1902 and in later years used for tuberculosis and other infectious diseases. It was closed by the Sheffield Regional Hospital Board in 1956, but reopened temporarily to house Hungarian refugees in 1956 - 1957. The buildings were finally demolished in 1965 - 1966.

See also press cuttings.
Date1899 - 1957
Extent3 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelSeries
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022