RefNoCA-VAC/16
TitleCommittee as to the Proposed Purchase of Hillsborough Park
DescriptionOriginally in the parish of Ecclesfield about 50 acres were purchased from the trustees of J. Willis Dixon by the City in 1890. The official opening date was 8 Aug 1892.

Hillsborough Hall formed part of the original purchase. It was converted into a Free library and Reading Room.

Facilities have included a boating lake (constructed by 'unemployed labour'), football and cricket grounds, tennis courts, bowling greens, band stand, putting green and children's playground. A running track was installed in 1920.
Date1890
Extent2 items
LanguageEnglish
AccessStatusOpen
LevelSeries
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024