RefNoCA742
TitleSpringfield School, Sheffield
AdminHistorySpringfield School opened on the 1 Dec 1875 as Sheffield's largest and most expensive Board School with separate Boys' and Girls' departments at Senior level, and a separate Mixed Junior and Infant school. It became a Council School in 1905, retaining its separate Boys' and Girls' departments at Senior level until 1936 when they merged to form a Council Senior Mixed School. The Council Infant school closed in 1934, but the Council Junior school continued.

In 1948, the Council Senior Mixed school became a County Mixed school, and was merged with the Council Junior school in 1952 to form a County Senior and Junior school.

A new County Infant school was opened in 1952.
DescriptionLog books, 1875-1985
Admission registers, 1887-1975
Admission books and forms, 1989-2004
School photographs, 2008-2009
Records of visits, 1921-1939
Architectural plans, c.1897
Date1875 - 1985
Extent32 items
AccessStatusRestricted
AccessConditionsSchool records include references to named individuals. Consequently they are closed to public inspection for 75 years under the Data Protection Act (exempt under section 40 of the Freedom of Information Act). Please refer to Sheffield City Archives for advice on how to access such items.
LevelCollection
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022