RefNoCA895
TitleHuntsman's Gardens School, Britnall / Titterton Street, Attercliffe
AdminHistoryHuntsman’s Gardens School were opened by the Sheffield School Board in temporary accommodation in 1881 (as Carbrook Temporary Board, Bright Street, Junior and Senior School), and transferred to new premises in August 1884. The school rapidly established a reputation for its academic achievement , such that brighter pupils from other local schools were sometimes transferred to Huntsman’s Gardens for their final year.

In September 1969, the Infants became a First School and the Junior Mixed became a Middle School.

With declining rolls, the school closed in July 1980.
DescriptionLog Books:
Junior Mixed, 1881 - 1980 (CA895/1/1)
Infants', 1884 - 1980 (CA895/1/2)

Admission Registers:
Senior Mixed / Mixed / Junior, 1930 - 1974 (CA895/2/1)
Middle, 1972 - 1980)CA895/2/2)
Infants' / First, 1933 - 1980 (CA895/2/3)

Punishment Books:
Senior Mixed, 1925 - 1975 (CA895/3/1)
Mixed, 1942 - 1976 (CA895/3/2)
Date1881 - 1980
Extent18 items
AccessStatusRestricted
AccessConditionsSchool records include references to named individuals (children and staff). Consequently they are closed to public inspection for 75 years under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) (exempt under section 40 of the Freedom of Information Act). Please refer to Sheffield City Archives for advice on how to access such items.
LevelCollection
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022