RefNoCA901
TitleAll Saints School, Sutherland Road, Pitsmoor / Brightside
AdminHistoryAll Saints School was established in 1869, the site being presented by Sir John Brown and the buildings erected by voluntary subscription. The school opened in Jan 1872.

The school was a non-provided C of E school in union with the National Society. The vicar of All Saints was the Chairman of the Foundation Managers. Sir John Brown continued to be one of the Managers.

The Junior and Infants schools were combined in September 1969 as a Nursery First school. The school became a voluntary (controlled) school.

The Education committee ceased to maintain the school on 31 Aug 1977. The school was amalgamated with Ellesmere Nursery School, and all children moved to the latter site.
DescriptionLog books:
Boys', 1872 - 1969 (CA901/1/1)
Girls', 1872 - 1951 (CA901/1/2)
Infants', 1872 - 1969 (CA901/1/3)
Junior and Infants', 1969 - 1977 (CA901/1/4)

Admission Registers:
Boys', 1872 - 1951 (CA901/2/1 and CA901/2/3/1)
Girls', 1908 - 1951 (CA901/2/2)
Infants', 1945 - 1977 (CA901/2/4 and CA902/2/5)
Junior Mixed, 1951 - 1977 (CA901/2/3/1) and CA901/2/5)
Date1872 - 1977
Extent24 items
AccessStatusRestricted
AccessConditionsSchool records include references to named individuals (children and staff). Consequently they are closed to public inspection for 75 years under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) (exempt under section 40 of the Freedom of Information Act). Please refer to Sheffield City Archives for advice on how to access such items.
LevelCollection
CustodialHistoryThe log books were transferred to Sheffield Archives from the City Education Department in January 1984. The admission registers were transferred from the Pupils Administration Section in December 1987.
ArchNoteCatalogue retro-converted by Peter Evans, November 2020.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024