Alternative Reference number2013/93
TitleFulwood Board School, David Lane, Sheffield
AdminHistoryFulwood Board (later Council) School opened in 1878. The trustees of an earlier charity school in the area approached Sheffield School Board for help in 1875, following the death of the school master. The Board took over the school in 1876 and had the building surveyed. Repairs were initiated immediately, but the Board also commissioned a completely new school to be built on a site on David Lane purchased for the purpose. The school closed in July 1944.

The building reopened in May 1971 as Mayfield Environmental Studies Centre, within Sheffield City Council's Education Department.
DescriptionLog books, 1876-1944;

Headteacher's notes of criticism lessons book, 1902-1927.
Date1878 - 1944
Extent5 items
AccessConditionsSchool records include references to named individuals (children and staff). Consequently they are closed to public inspection for 75 years under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) (exempt under section 40 of the Freedom of Information Act). Please refer to Sheffield City Archives for advice on how to access such items.
RelatedMaterialArchitect's drawings, Fulwood Board School - plans, sections and elevations by Innocent & Brown, 1877, 1906 (ref. AP/444).
CustodialHistoryItems retrieved from the Centre following its closure.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024