RefNoCATH52
TitleChesterfield, St Joseph, Staveley, Roman Catholic Parish
AdminHistorySt Joseph's Church began life as a Roman Catholic mission church - an iron structure with seating for 250 people which was erected in Back Street, Staveley and opened in December 1889. The original church was gifted by Mr W. P. Arkwright of Sutton Hall (he had built the iron church a few years previously at Sutton at a cost of £1,000). A Roman Catholic mission had previously existed in Staveley (prior to the opening of the church) with the Rev. R. Winder (and before him the Rev. P. Kerin) the priest in charge. A new church was opened in 1938 on Chesterfield Road, Staveley.

St Joseph's Church is situated on Chesterfield Road, Staveley and is in the Chesterfield deanery in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Hallam.
DescriptionRegisters:
Baptisms, 1884 - 1942 (CATH52/1)
Marriages, 1888 - 1948 (CATH52/2)
Deaths and Burials, 1884 - 1930 (CATH52/3)

Other records (not listed):
Parish bulletins, 1990 - 1991 (CATH52/40)
Date1884 - 1991
Extent6 items (registers only)
AccessStatusRestricted
AccessConditionsSome registers are available on microfilm only. Roman Catholic Church records less than 50 years old are subject to access restrictions. Please refer to a member of staff for advice on how to access information in restricted records.
LevelCollection
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2023