TitleFirbeck Main Collieries Limited
AdminHistoryFirbeck Colliery was sunk between 1923 - 1925 near Carlton-in-Lindrick, Worksop, Nottinghamshire by Firbeck Main Collieries Limited.

A colliery village was built at Langold, Nottinghamshire. Pithead baths were opened in 1934.

Firbeck Main Collieries Limited later became part of Doncaster Amalgamated Collieries Limited.

On nationalisation in 1947, the pit was initially placed in the No.2 Area of the East Midlands Division, Nottinghamshire but transferred to the Yorkshire part of the North East Division in 1949 and administrated by No.1 Area (Worksop) North East Division (which later became the South Yorkshire Area).

The mine was closed in November 1968 after 43 years.
DescriptionCompany accounts, 1922 - 1936 (COAL/DAC/3/1)

Agents’ and managers’ reports, 1937 - 1946 (COAL/DAC/3/2)

Cost books, 1926 - 1941 (COAL/DAC/3/3)

Cottage rentals, 1924 - 1947 (COAL/DAC/3/4)

Statement of interest, (Coal Nationalisation Act, 1946), [1940s] (COAL/DAC/3/5)
Date1914 - 1947
Extent38 items
RelatedMaterialPhotographic negatives - Firbeck Colliery, 1950s (BCC/20/25).
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2023