RefNoLD1563
TitleSheffield Society for the Encouragement of Art
AdminHistoryThe Sheffield Society for the Encouragement of Art was founded in 1936 by Sir John Rothenstein, Mr A. B. Ward and Mr. A. L. Gibson as The Sheffield Art Collections Fund. The society changed its name to the The Sheffield Society for the Encouragement of Art in 1945.

The society continues today, providing lectures, exhibitions, visits, publications, soirees, lunches and dinners on fine and decorative arts, crafts and music.

Registered charity number: 509347.
DescriptionTwo volumes containing annual reports, balance sheets, lists of pictures bought, notices of meetings, newspaper cuttings etc. (LD1563/1-2).
Date1936 - 1956
Extent2 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialSheffield Local Studies Library:
H.R. Oldfield, 'The Sheffield Society for the Encouragement of Art: the third thirty years' in Sheffield Art Review 1997, pp.20-24 (706 S).

Newsletter of The Sheffield Society for the Encouragement of Art, undated (706 SQ).
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022