Alternative Reference numberLD1880-1924
TitleSheffield Brick Group Limited, Sheffield
AdminHistoryExtant records show that the Sheffield Brick Group Limited flourished between 1879 - [1970s].

The largest individual shareholder in the Sheffield Brick Company Limited was John Aizlewood, Crown Corn Mills; he is listed in the company's Share Ledger (1879 - 1919) (LD1923) in 1879 as shareholder no.1.

The company is listed in White's 1884 Directory of Sheffield as brick quarryowners and manufacturers, Rutland Road and at Abbeydale Road and Brightside; Secretary: G.C. Hale. A later listing in White's 1919-1920 Directory of Sheffield describes the company as brick manufacturers; the registered office is at Rutland Road, with offices at Botham Street (W.H. Ibbotson, Managing Director); Loxley Road, Malin Bridge and; Shiregreen Lane, Shiregreen. The company continues to be listed through to the 1970s. An advertisement in Kelly's 1969 Directory describes the company as makers of common, engineering, rustic, red pressed and sandfaced bricks. The head office is still listed as Rutland Road, Neepsend, S3; offices also at Shiregreen Lane and Halifax Road, Wadsley Bridge.
DescriptionSales day books (Grimesthorpe, Neepsend, N.U. Neepsend, Wadsley Bridge and Wincobank), 1928 - 1967

Cash books, 1932 - 1964

Sales ledgers, 1934 - 1954

Petty cash book, 1926 - 1952

Purchase ledgers, 1935 - 1947

Purchase journals, 1950 - 1962

Nominal work ledger, 1905 - 1937

Delivery books, 1958 - 1967

Monthly abstract of working expenses, 1932 - 1965

Stock books, 1927 - 1945

Registers of creditors, 1938 - 1952

Annual lists of share capital and shares, 1912 - 1925

Share ledger, 1879 - 1919

Numerical register of shares, [c.1879 - 1890]
Date1879 - 1969
Extent45 items
RelatedMaterialSheffield Local Studies Library:
Sheffield Brick Group plc, Directors Report and Financial Statements (issued by Sheffield Brick Company Ltd 1971; issued by Sheffield Brick Group Ltd 1972-1980) (ref. CAR journals and newspapers).
CustodialHistoryThese items were lodged with Sheffield City Archives in 1977 (terms unknown).
AcquisitionSourceDepositor unknown.
ArchNoteTypescript list typed up by Joanne Gawthorpe; catalogue prepared by Cheryl Bailey, Aug 2017.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024