RefNoNHS28/14
TitleMillion Pound Appeal Fund
AdminHistoryThe scheme, launched in July 1938, was run by the Voluntary Hospitals to raise funds for a new maternity block and nurses' home at the Jessop Hospital for Women; a new Out-patient Department and nurses' home in connection with the Children's Hospital; a new General Hospital near the University to include a new Radium Centre, Cancer Research Laboratories and orthopaedic block; extensions to the Royal Hospital's Fulwood Annexe and the Zachary Merton Home to provide an Auxiliary Hospital at Fulwood for convalescent treatment.
One third of the amount was to be raised from employers, one third from employees subscribing a penny each week for seven years, and one third from private donations and legacies.
Date1937 - 1974
Extent7 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelSection
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022