RefNoNHS28/6
TitleSchool of Nursing
AdminHistoryPrior to the establishment of the School of Nursing in June 1944, nurse training had been undertaken by the individual Voluntary Hospitals in Sheffield: the Royal Infirmary, Royal Hospital, Children's Hospital and the Jessop Hospital.

The School was formed into the College of Nursing and Midwifery, for South Yorkshire and north Derbyshire, in 1990. Still based in Sheffield, it was then run by Trent Regional Health Authority.

Following the government decision that nursing schools should be taken from the control of health authorities and relocated within higher education, on 31 March 1995 the Sheffield and North Trent College of Nursing and Midwifery was integrated with the University of Sheffield, within the Faculty of Medicine.
Date1943 - 1951
Extent2 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelSection
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022