RefNoNR1343
TitleSheffield, Attercliffe Unitarian Church, Shirland Lane, Attercliffe (formerly Attercliffe Unitarian Mission)
AdminHistoryAn 'Attercliffe Unitarian Mission', based at the Vestry Hall in Attercliffe, was formed in 1901 in connection with Upper Chapel, Norfolk Street (its parent church). On 10 May 1906, a new 'school church' was opened for the Unitarian congregation at Attercliffe on Shirland Road. The church included a hall and two classrooms. It was built at a cost of £1,828 (including land).

Attercliffe Unitarian School Church, as it was originally called, was later simply known as Attercliffe Unitarian Church. The last service for the church was held in Jul 1970.
DescriptionChurch Committee and Congregational Minutes, 1903 - 1970 (NR1343/1)

Sunday School Minutes, 1902 - 1918 (NR1343/2)

Service/Offertory Books, 1908 - 1970 (NR1343/3)

Annual Reports, 1904 - 1920 (NR1343/4)

Correspondence and Assorted Papers, 1905 - 1947 (NR1343/5)

Financial Records, 1911 - 1970 (NR1343/6)
Date1902 - 1970
Extent11 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialRelated material at Sheffield Archives:

Sheffield, Upper Chapel, Norfolk Street, Unitarian Church, 1681 - 2001 [includes some records relating to Attercliffe Unitarian Church, formerly Attercliffe Unitarian Mission] (UCR)
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022