TitleSheffield, St Philip, Anglican Parish
AdminHistorySt Philip's was formed into an ecclesiastical parish in 1828, partly from Sheffield St Peter & Paul, and partly from Ecclesall, All Saints. The church, consecrated 2 July 1828, was located near the junction of Penistone Road and Infirmary Road. It closed in August 1940 when St Philip's was united with St Anne's. The church was demolished in 1951. In 1964, the United Benifice of St Stephen, St Philip and St Anne was formed.

Baptisms, 1828 - 1969
Marriages, 1848 - 1962
Burials, 1829 - 1977
Banns, 1924 - 1956
Services, 1902 - 1957

Other Records:


(PR10/58/9) Faculty for the cholera burial ground, 1832.
Date1828 - 1977
AccessConditionsSome items are available on Microfiche
RelatedMaterialPrior to 1828 see Sheffield, St Peter & Paul (PR138) and also Ecclesall, All Saints (PR100)

For Sheffield, St Anne see PR11.

For Sheffield, St Stephen see PR13.

Section plan for Wardsend cemetery and plan of section 'New Portion 7' (showing plot numbers and some names). [In 'Cemetery and Crematoria' lists in the searchroom.]
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024