RefNoPR104
TitleSheffield, St Thomas, Wincobank, Anglican Parish
AdminHistoryThe parish of St Thomas, Wincobank was formed in 1876 out of the parishes of Ecclesfield, Kimberworth and Brightside. St Thomas' Church was funded and built by Frederick Bardwell, J.P. as a memorial to his parents at a cost of £5,000. The church was designed in the early 'pointed style' by Flockton and Abbott of Sheffield and was consecrated on 7 October 1876.

St Thomas' Church, Wincobank is situated on Newman Road and is in the Deanery of Ecclesfield.
DescriptionRegisters:

Baptisms, 1875 - 1965 (PR104/1)
Marriages, 1877 - 1979 (PR104/2)
Banns of Marriages, 1935 - 1989 (PR104/3)
Services, 1908 - 1975 (PR104/4)

Other records (not listed):

Parochial Church Council (PCC) minutes, 1924 - 1951 (PR104 items 44-47)
Parochial Church Council (PCC) minutes, 1952 - 1957, 1973 - 1978 (Acc. 2008/45)
Parochial Church Council (PCC) cash books, 1958 - 1979 (PR104 items 35-38)
Date1875 - 1989
Extent31 items (registers only)
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialSheffield, St Mary, Ecclesfield, Anglican Parish (PR54)

Rotherham, St Thomas, Kimberworth, Anglican Parish (PR116)

Sheffield, All Saints, Brightside, Anglican Parish (PR43)

Sheffield, St Margaret, Brightside, Anglican Parish (PR66)

Sheffield, St Thomas, Brightside, Anglican Parish (PR46)

Various church faculty files for St Thomas, Wincobank are available, 1917 - 1998 (DIOC/FAC)
AcquisitionSourceThese items were deposited at Sheffield Archives by the church in Apr 1984 and Mar 2008
ArchNoteCatalogue prepared by Tim Knebel, Jun 2011
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024