RefNoPR118
TitleRotherham, St George, Brinsworth, Anglican Parish
AdminHistorySt George's was originally a daughter church of Rotherham All Saints (now Rotherham Minster) and the church was consecrated in 1902. The parish, which included Brinsworth, Catcliffe, Canklow and Orgreave, was formed in 1903. A consolidated chapelry was formed in 1905.

The church was gradually superseded by St Andrew, Brinsworth and finally closed in 1974. The parish is now known as St Andrew, Brinsworth with St Mary, Catcliffe.

The parish was in the rural deanery of Rotherham.
DescriptionRegisters:

Baptisms, 1903 - 1972 (PR118/1)
Marriages, 1903 - 1971 (PR118/2)
Burials, 1901 - 1978 (PR118/3)
Banns, 1958 - 1969 (PR118/4)
Services, 1895 - 1956 (PR118/5)

Other records (not listed)
Date1901-1978
Extent19 items (registers only)
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialFor earlier registers, see Rotherham Minster (formerly All Saints), Anglican Parish (PR87)
For later registers, see Rotherham, St Mary, Catcliffe, Anglican Parish (PR119)
For later registers and register of services 1900 - 1917, see Rotherham, St Andrew, Brinsworth, Anglican Parish (PR120)

Various faculties available (DIOC/FAC)
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022