RefNoPR122
TitleRotherham, St Saviour Mission, Clifton, Anglican Parish
AdminHistorySt Saviour's (located on Fitzwilliam Road) was erected in 1900 to serve the part of the parish of Eastwood which had developed round the Aldworke Mission and was attached to St Stephen, Eastwood. It was completely redecorated for its Jubilee in 1951.

In a reorganisation of boundaries in 1954, part of St Stephen's parish and St Saviour were transferred to Clifton. With the building of the new Eastwood View Church in 1972, St Saviour became redundant.

The church was located on Fitzwilliam Road and was latterly in the Deanery of Rotherham.
DescriptionParish records:

Baptisms, 1901-1947 (PR122/1)
Marriages, 1963-1972 (PR122/2)

Other records (not listed):
Date1901 - 1972
Extent2 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialFor related registers, see Rotherham, St Stephen, Eastwood, Anglican Parish (PR48)

For later registers, see Rotherham, St James, Clifton, Anglican Parish (PR121)

Draft inventory of the contents of St Stephen's Church, Eastwood, Rotherham, including items of St Saviour's, Clifton, Rotherham, 1937, (Acc. 2005/92)
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022