RefNoPR48
TitleRotherham, St Stephen, Eastwood, Anglican Parish
AdminHistoryThe church of St Stephen, Eastwood, was erected in 1874. It was declared redundant in March 1992 and the parish of Eastwood dissolved. In 1997 the church was acquired by Bishop Antony, Bishop of the Coptic Orthodox Diocese in Ireland, Scotland and North East England, on behalf of the Coptic congregation, and is now known as St Antony Coptic Orthodox Church.

The church, located on St. Leonard's Road, Eastwood, was in the Rotherham deanery.
DescriptionRegisters:
Baptisms, 1874 - 1991 (PR48/1)
Marriages, 1875 - 1991 (PR48/2)
Banns of marriage, 1927 - 1991 (PR48/3)
Services, 1896 - 1991 (PR48/4)
Confirmations, 1942 - 1989 (PR48/5)

Other records (not listed):

(Acc. Nos. 67237-67246 and 1977/9)
Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes etc., 1876-1950; cash books, 1930-1961; Eastwood National School, 1880-1932; Curate's papers, 1929-1932; Clergy,1936-1945; Church Membership, 1931-1968; Church Foundation and parochial re-organisation, 1872-1952; Church finance, 1874-1934; Church Fabric, 1894-1958

(Acc. 1996/125)
'Contact' (parish newspaper), Vol. 3 No. 11 May 1968; photocopy of advertisment with illustration of one of St Stephens' bells (dedication inscription legible).
Date1874 - 1991
Extent37 items (registers only)
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialRelated Material at Sheffield Archives:

For local parish records before 1874, see Rotherham Minster (formerly All Saints), Anglican Parish (PR87)

Diocese of Sheffield faculty files, from 1914 onwards (DIOC/FAC).
CustodialHistoryThese items were deposited with Sheffield Archives by the church in January 1977, July 1991, October 1992 and October 1996.
ArchNoteCatalogue created by Robin Wiltshire, September 2012.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024