RefNoPR61
TitleRavenfield, St James, Anglican Parish
AdminHistorySt James was originally a chapel-of-ease to Mexborough, St John the Baptist. These churches were peculiars of the Archdeaconry of York. There has been a church on the site since medieval times. The current church was designed by John Carr in 1756. On 1 Aug 1978, St James united with St Francis, Bramley.

The church is situated on Church Lane in Ravenfield and is in the Deanery of Rotherham.
DescriptionRegisters:
Composite, 1563 - 1812 (PR61/1)
Baptisms, 1813 - 1949 (PR61/2)
Marriages, 1757 - 1977 (PR61/3)
Banns, 1757 - 1997 (PR61/4)
Burials, 1813 - 1949 (PR61/5)
Services, 1894 - 2004 (PR61/6)

Other records (not listed):
Vestry, Churchwardens' and Parochial Church Council minutes, 1883 - 1951
Miscellaneous items 1959, 1972 - 1973
Certificate of registration of death, and for disposal of body, c.1850
Coroners' orders for burial, 1850; 1918 - 1951
Copies of baptism and burial entries, 19th century
Marriage licences, 1830 - 1922
Electoral Roll, c. 1972
Cash book, 1982 - 1986
Date1563 - 2004
Extent24 items (registers only)
AccessStatusOpen
AccessConditionsSome registers are available on microfiche/microfilm only.
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialFor Rotherham parish records, see Rotherham Minster (formerly All Saints), Anglican Parish (PR87)
For related parish records, see Rotherham, St Francis, Bramley, Anglican Parish (PR162)
For related parish records of Mexborough, St John the Baptist, Anglican Parish, see Bishops' Transcripts (SY337/X2/7)

Related Material held at other Repositories:
For Mexborough parish records, contact Doncaster Archives, King Edward Road, Balby, Doncaster, DN4 0NA
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022