RefNoPR65
TitleRotherham, St Michael and All Angels, Northfield, Anglican Parish
AdminHistorySt. Michael's was preceded by Northfield Mission Church (opened c. 1870) in the parish of St. John, Masbrough, and was constituted a parish in 1902. It was situated in the Rotherham Deanery. St. Michael and All Angels closed in 1978, at which time it was united with Masbrough St. Paul and Masbrough St. John to form a united parish of St. Paul, Michael and John, Ferham Park (now covered by Masbrough St. Paul only).
DescriptionRegisters:

Baptisms, 1870-1977 (PR65/1)
Marriages 1902-1975 (PR65/2)
Banns, 1901-1976 (PR65/4)
Services, 1907-1974 (PR65/5)
Confirmations, 1918-1977 (PR65/6)

Other records (not listed):

Terrier and Inventory, [1973-1974]; Property and Income of the Benefice, 1915-1966; Church Membership, 1914-1975; Parochial Church Council minutes, 1925-1968; Church accounts, 1902-1947; printed material, 1871-1934 (including parish magazines); photographs.
Date1870 - 1977
Extent40 items (registers only)
AccessStatusOpen
AccessConditionsThese items are open to public inspection unless otherwise stated. Some registers are available on microfiche only.
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialRelated Material at Sheffield Archives:

Masbrough St. Paul, Anglican Parish, registers and records, 1905 onwards (PR102)

Masbrough St. John, Anglican Parish, registers and records, 1864 onwards (PR32)

Diocese of Sheffield, faculties from 1914 onwards (which detail changes made to Anglican church buildings) (DIOC/FAC).
CustodialHistoryThese items were deposited with Sheffield Archives in April 1979, July 1980, March 1984, August and November 1995, and September 2001.
ArchNoteCatalogue created by Robin Wiltshire, September 2013.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024