RefNoPR74
TitleSheffield, St Andrew, Sharrow, Anglican Parish
AdminHistoryThe parish of St Andrew was formed from parts of the parishes of Ecclesall, All Saints and St Mary, Bramall Lane. The church was consecrated on 6 Aug 1869 and was located on St Andrew's Road, Sharrow. The church was closed c. 1996 due to structural defects and demolished in 1999. The congregation moved to the Methodist Church in Psalter Lane which is now the shared Anglican/Methodist church of St Andrew. St Andrew is in the Ecclesall Deanery.
DescriptionBaptisms, 1869 - 1962 (PR74/1)
Marriages, 1870 - 1974, 1994 - 1995 (PR74/2)
Banns, 1969 - 1984 (PR74/3)
Confirmations, 1947 - 1973 (PR74/4)
Services, 1878 - 1990 (PR74/5)

Other records (not listed):

(Acc. 1990/79)
Incumbent records 1875-1974; Terrier and Inventory 1918-1974; Churchwardens' records 1870-1916; Church Council and Parochial Church Council 1904-1984; Faculties 1912-1984; other records 1868-1955 including newscutting and illustration relating to St Andrew's Church from 'The Builder' 1868.

(Acc. 2021/81)
Register of marriages, 2019 [1 entry only]
Date1868 - 1996
Extent41 items (registers only)
AccessStatusOpen
AccessConditionsSome registers are available on microfiche only.
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialFor earlier registers, see Sheffield, All Saints, Ecclesall, Anglican Parish PR100 and Sheffield, St Mary, Bramall Lane, Anglican Parish PR56.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022