TitleSheffield, St Bartholomew, Netherthorpe, Anglican Parish
AdminHistoryThe parish was formed out of the parish of St Philip and combined with a small part of St Mary, Walkley, in 1879. At first, services were held in the Police Drill Hall, Langsett Road, and then in a room in Whitehouse Lane. The church, designed by J. D. Webster, was erected in 1881 at a cost of £5,000 and was consecrated on 6th February 1882. It is situated on Burgoyne Road and Langsett Road. St Bartholomew's Church was thoroughly renovated during 1925. The church was still operating as of 2008 and is now contactable through St Bartholomew's Church Centre, located on Primrose Hill, Sheffield. The church is in the Hallam deanery.

Note: There are entries for soldiers and families from Hillsborough Barracks in the registers.
Baptisms, 1882 - 1960
Marriages, 1882 - 1956
Banns, 1932 - 1972
Services and Preachers, 1880 - 1964

Other Records (not all listed):
Advertisement cards, 2 plans, 26 black and white photographs, parish magazines (1905-1942), Report & Statement of Accounts (1908), Year Book (1912), Sequestrian Accounts (1975), Jubilee Souvenir Booklet (1882-1932), magazine (1967) (MD 7594)

(Acc. 2022/67)
Book of Condolence opened following the death of Queen Elizabeth II on the 8th September 2022
Date1880 - 1972
Extent31 items (registers only)
AccessConditionsThese items are open to public inspection unless otherwise stated. Some registers are available on microfiche only.
RelatedMaterialFor earlier registers, see Sheffield, St Philip, Anglican Parish PR 10
For earlier registers, see Sheffield, St Mary, Walkley, Anglican Parish PR 89
For earlier registers, see Sheffield, St Peter and St Paul, Anglican Parish PR 138
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2023