RefNoSY201
TitleSheffield Chemist Shop
AdminHistoryPrescription books from a chemist's shop on the corner of Wilkinson Street and Glossop Road, Sheffield. The books give the names of the customers and occasionally their addresses.

The earliest prescription book dates from August 1869 when the shop was owned by G D Wreaks, it then passed to J S Burnell, who occupied the premises until about 1919.

He was followed by R E Wardell, and by 1929 the premises had passed to Levi Turner. The last chemist to occupy the shop was D W Slinn 1951 - 71
DescriptionPrescription books (note there are gaps Nov 1871 - Dec 1873 and Aug 1879 - Mar 1883).
Date1869 - 1971
Extent21 items
AccessStatusRestricted
AccessConditionsThese items contain personal information which is closed to public inspection for 75 years under the Data Protection Act (exempt under section 40 of the Freedom of Information Act). Please refer to Sheffield Archives for advice on how to access the restricted items.
LevelCollection
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022