RefNoSY666
TitleBoys Charity School, Psalter Lane, Sheffield
AdminHistoryThe Blue Coats School was buit in Psalter Lane, Sheffield in September 1911at a cost of £14,000. Prior to this, it was known as the Boys' Charity School which was built in 1706 at the bottom of East Parade. The school was established to clothe, maintain and educate 54 boys from the ages of 8 - 13. By 1911, when the school was moved, there was room for 100 boys. The school was rebuit in the same location in 1826. The school closed in 1939 with the building being used for war purposes.
DescriptionIncomplete series of architectural plans of the Boys' Charity School, Psalter Lane, Sheffield. The architects were Gibbs, Flockton and Teather and the plans are all dated January 1910. Original plan number given
Date1910
Extent6 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
CustodialHistoryOn the abolition of South Yorkshire County Council on 31 March 1986, these records passed from South Yorkshire County Record Office (SYCRO) to the custody of Sheffield Archives. On 1 Apr 2009 the ownership of these items was assigned to Sheffield Archives.
AcquisitionSourceThese items were purchased by South Yorkshire County Record Office in August 1985.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024