TitleSheffield [boundaries] Order
AdminHistoryFollowing the failure of the Sheffield Extension Bill, 1951, Sheffield put its claim for boundary extensions to the Local Government Boundary Commission set up under the Local Government Act, 1958. Sheffield proposed to take Dronfield, Beighton, Eckington, Killamarsh and Unstone from Derbyshire and Parson Cross, Stannington and parts of the Loxley Valley from the West Riding. The neighbouring local authorities opposed these suggestions but a scheme was put before a public enquiry in July 1965 and the Boundary Commission's proposals were eventually accepted with minor amendments. The city boundaries were extended from April 1967 to include most of the Parish of Beighton, the Mosborough and Gleadless parts of Eckington, small parts of Holmesfield and Killamarsh and parts of Ecclesfield.

From 15 May 1967 the city's existing wards were replaced by 27 new wards.
Extent17 items
CustodialHistoryOn the abolition of South Yorkshire County Council on 31 March 1986, these records passed from South Yorkshire County Record Office (SYCRO) to the custody of Sheffield Archives. On 1 Apr 2009 the ownership of these items was assigned to Sheffield Archives.
AcquisitionSourceThese items were acquired by South Yorkshire County Record Office from an unknown source in December 1985.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024