RefNoSY87
TitleSouth Yorkshire Co-operative Laundries (SYDCL Ltd)
AdminHistoryIt appears the Association was established in the 1920s - it first appears in the Kelly's directory for Sheffield and Rotherham for 1923. The Headquarters of the Association were at Shiregreen and Cundy Cross at different times. It went into voluntary liquidation in 1971.

The laundries in the Association comprised those at:
Cundy Cross, Barnsley
Handsworth, Sheffield
Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire
Shiregreen, Sheffield
Woodseats, Sheffield
Date1923 - 1973
Extent48 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
CustodialHistoryOn the abolition of South Yorkshire County Council on 31 March 1986, these records passed from South Yorkshire County Record Office (SYCRO) to the custody of Sheffield Archives. From 1 April 2009 ownership was split between two or more of the four South Yorkshire Councils. Doncaster items were transferred to Doncaster Archives in Feb 2009.
AcquisitionSourceThese items were deposited by the company liquidators in December 1976.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024