RefNoX517
TitleDerwent Valley Water Board
AdminHistoryThe Derwent Valley Water Board was constituted by Act of Parliament in 1899 to supply the cities of Derby, Leicester, Nottingham and Sheffield and the county of Derbyshire with water impounded by a series of reservoirs along the upper reaches of the River Derwent in the Peak District of Derbyshire.

The Board’s works included the Howden, Derwent and Ladybower reservoirs.

The board was abolished in 1974 under the terms of the Water Act 1973 and responsibility of the works was transferred to the Severn Trent Water Authority.
DescriptionMinutes and proceedings of the Derwent Valley Water Board, 1899 - 1942 (X517/1-43).

For later minutes (1951-1972) see the Yorkshire Water Authority collection (YWA/15/1).
Date1899 - 1942
Extent43 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialSheffield City Archives:
For later minutes of the Derwent Valley Water Board (1951-1972) see the Yorkshire Water Authority collection (YWA/15/1).
Further papers of the Derwent Valley Water Board, 1899 - 1944 (CA433).

Other record offices:
Further copies of minutes, 1899 - 1974, along with other papers of the Board are available at Derbyshire Record Office (refs. D3040 L/W1, D6332 and D6765) and at the University of Nottingham Special Collections (ref. DVW).
AcquisitionSourceThese items were transferred by Sheffield Local Studies Library in 2011.
ArchNoteCatalogue prepared by Cheryl Bailey, Oct 2017.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024