Dates1841 - 1974
Person NameSheffield; Darnall Church of England School; 1841 - 1974
ActivityIn 1841 Earl Fitzwilliam purchased 809 square yards of land in Darnall, where schools had recently been built for the education of the poor children of the area. The school acquired more land during the nineteenth century, and in 1888 it was decided to build a new school, which was to be conducted in accordance with the principles of the National Society. On May 13th 1889 the school was transferred to the Wesleyan School room until the new premises were ready. Forty five children were transferred to the new school on 16th February 1891, and the infants joined them there on 18th May 1892.

The Infant and Junior schools combined in 1962.

The school closed in August 1974.
Corporate NameDarnall Church of England School

Show related catalogue records.

    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024